I believe real transformation is possible. Our health, blueprint for healing, and who we truly are are waiting to be re-discovered and to be listened to. They may manifest as a powerful sense of longing in our lives. Our society taught us how not to listen to that longing. Instead, we end up distracting ourselves with busyness, food, drugs, relationships and so on. Yet, there is a part of us that still hopes there might be someone who can notice our longing and really see us. People with this longing are some of my favorite clients to work with.
I work with individuals, couples and families. Some of my primary interests and experience areas as a therapist are personal growth, trauma resolution, attachment-individuation issues, relationship challenges, healing early imprints, life transitions, anxiety, isolation, cultural adjustment, and cross-cultural couples therapy.
My style is genuine, open and nonjudgmental. Together we will work with your difficult issues, find your internal resources and learn to tap into your inner wisdom and blueprint for health. We will let your longing guide us towards lasting transformation.
I am here to help you and support your healing journey. Please contact me at 415-991-0510 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your initial appointment. I am looking forward to hearing from you!
Clinical Training and Workshops
- Somatic Experiencing Professional Training (Steven Hoskinson & Raja Selvam) 2010-2012
- Trauma Resiliency Model Level 1 & 2
- Ray Castellino Prenatal & Birth Therapy Foundation Training (2013-2016)
- Using SE in Play Therapy with Children (2 day workshop with Steven Hoskinson)
- Body into Being: Advance Energetic Somatic Training with Ray Castellino and Anna Chitty (2015)
- Grateful Heart Holistic Counseling Center (2011-2012)–Marriage and Family Therapist Intern
- Center for Personal and Relational Development (2012-2014)–Marriage and Family Therapist Intern
- Heart in Balance Counseling Center (2014-present)–Marriage and Family Therapist Intern
- Rosa Parks Elementary School (2015-2016)–Child Play Therapist Intern
Other Experience and Training
- Introduction to Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy with Anna Chitty 2013
- Somatic Experiencing Professional Training in Japan with Maggie Klien & Lael Keen (Interpreter) 2010-2011
- Somatic Experiencing Professional Training in Tiburon with Steven Hoskinson (Assistant) 2013-2014
- Participant of the Diamond Approach teacher’s training since 2012
- Student of the Diamond Approach since 2006
- Conscious Embodiment Training with Wendy Palmer Level 1 & 2
- UZAZU Level 1 & 2
- MA in Mythological Studies with emphasis in Depth Psychology: Pacifica Graduate Institute, Carpinteria, CA 2006-2008
- MA in Counselling Psychology, Somatic Specialization: John F Kennedy University, Pleasant Hill, CA – 2008-2011
- I was involved in ongoing trauma relief projects for the Great East Japan Earthquake and Tsunami and am a member of NichiBei Care.
Seiji Ohno, SEP, MA, MA
Heart in Balance Counseling Center
415-991-0510 | email@example.com
Office in Oakland/Berkeley